Doctor Who is a global phenomenon. Both the classic and the current series are immensely popular, and as such there are tons of things you can purchase to give fans of the British sci-fi franchise.
- The Complete Eleventh Series Blu-ray
- The Complete David Tennant Collection Blu-ray
- Tom Baker Complete Season One Blu-ray
- TARDIS Type Forty Instruction Manual by Richard Atkinson and Mike Tucker
- Doctor Who Meets Scratchman by Tom Baker
- A Brief History of Time Lords by Steve Tribe
- The Official Cookbook: 40 Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Recipes by Joanna Farrow
- 2020 desk calendar
- 2020 wall calendar
- Doctor Who: Fluxx card game
- Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks board game
- TARDIS mug
- Doctor Who Funko Pop figures
Those who know me know how much I love God. I love to study His Word, and I love to study the writings of men who have a good grasp of the truth revealed in the Bible. Here are some books that will benefit students of God’s Word.
- Defending the Faith Study Bible from Apologetics Press (if you purchase only one item on this list, purchase this!)
- His Life devotional book from the Jenkins Institute
- Shall We Know One Another in Heaven by Guy N. Woods
- Biblical Backgrounds of the Troubled Middle East by Guy N. Woods
- A Godsend to His People: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Marshall Keeble by Edward J. Robinson
- Forgiven, Forgiving, & Free by Dan Winkler
- Grace: Simply Incredible, Incredibly Simple by Dan Winkler
- Balance by Ira North
- The Anvil Rings: Answers to Alleged Bible Discrepancies by Eric Lyons
- The Sage of Jasper: Gus Nichols – A Biography by Scott Harp (not a Bible study, but a new biography of an influential 20th century preacher that is on my to-read list)
Are there people who don’t think Halloween should be a year-long holiday?
Universal Classic Monsters
- Complete 30-film collection
- Dracula Funko Pop
- Frankenstein Funko Pop
- Funko Mysteri Minis
- Creature from the Black Lagoon Model
- Frankenstein & Bride Salt & Pepper Shakers
- Wolf Man T-shirt
- Coffee Mug
1970s and 1980s Slasher Era
- A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection
- Halloween: The Complete Collection
- Friday the 13th: The Ultimate Collection
- Friday the 13th: The Complete TV Series
- Child’s Play: Complete 7-Movie Collection
- Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, and Jason Voorhees Funko Pops
- Leatherface Funko Savage World
- Chucky NECA Action Figure
- Freddy vs. Jason Horrorclix
- Michael Myers socks
It’s that time of year. Get your shopping done early and don’t wait until the last minute to wrap them. Here’s the first installment of TWJ’s “Christmas gift ideas” 2019.
I love baseball history more than I like modern baseball. The Houston Astros will always be a National League team to me. Hank Aaron will always be the all-time home run king. And baseball card sets should have either 660 or 792 cards, released in one series, with an update set at the end of the year. I miss subsets and despise insert sets, just like Night Owl. I’m living in the past and I know it. And I’m perfectly fine with that.
Here are some ideas for baseball fans in your life that are older than forty, that long for the purity of the pre-steroid era.
Books. Some of these books are old and some are new, so check your friend’s bookshelf before placing an order.
- Baseball Revolutionaries: How the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings Rocked the Country and Made Baseball Famous by Greg Rhodes, John Erardi, and Greg Gajus
- Game Faces: Early Baseball Cards from the Library of Congress by Peter Devereaux
- The Cooperstown Casebook by Jay Jaffe
- Electric October by Kevin Cook
- The Year of the Pitcher by Sridhar Pappu
Apparel. You can’t go wrong with a good baseball cap or jersey.
- New Era Replica Core Classic Twill 9TWENTY Adjustable Hat (use the drop-down box to change teams)
- Amazon has several different jerseys available
- T-shirts are less expensive than jerseys
Baseball Cards. Did you know Amazon sells baseball cards?
Reggie White should never have worn any uniform other than a Philadelphia Eagles uniform.
The Dallas Cowboys trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings was one of the first non-Bengals NFL stories I recall. It was a big deal, but it paid off in the end for America’s Team.
Roy Green was a 2-time Pro Bowler for the St. Louis Cardinals and was the 16th member inducted into the Arizona Cardinals Ring of Honor in 2016.
The Cardinals moved from St. Louis to Phoenix in 1988, and 2-time Pro Bowler Neil Lomax played his last season in the NFL.
Another career-capper, Kellen Winslow retired in 1987. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1995.