Posted by JT
Ratt burst onto the scene in 1984 with “Round and Round,” and refused to go away despite being critically panned over the years. The band’s most recent release came in 2010, and though singer Stephen Pearcy is not currently a member of Ratt, there is little doubt he will be back for more eventually. In the meantime, let’s enjoy some classic Ratt using the “Ultimate Mixtape” formula.
Let’s review the rules of “Ultimate Mixtape” before we begin:
- Every studio album must be represented by one and only one song.
- That song does not have to be an official “single” released by the band to promote said album.
- Compilation albums can be included, but only songs that are new, previously unreleased, or remixed songs from prior albums are eligible for the list.
- Live albums…I’ve softened my stance over time. Live albums are a great way to sneak additional songs into the mix.
Let’s get into it…here is “JT’s Ultimate Mixtape: Ratt edition”…
JT’s Ultimate Mixtape: Ratt edition
- ”You Think You’re Tough” (Ratt, 1983)
- ”Round And Round” (Out of the Cellar, 1984)
- ”Lay It Down” (Invasion of Your Privacy, 1985)
- ”Slip Of The Lip” (Dancing Undercover, 1986)
- ”Don’t Bite The Hand That Feeds” (Reach for the Sky, 1988)
- ”Shame Shame Shame” (Detonator, 1990)
- ”Lovin’ You… (Fonic Mix)” (Collage, 1997)
- ”Over The Edge” (Ratt, 1999)
- ”Way Cool Jr. (MTV Unplugged)” (Tell the World: The Very Best of Ratt, 2007)
- ”Eat Me Up Alive” (Infestation, 2010)
No “Ultimate Mixtape” is complete without bonus tracks featuring the band’s members’ other projects. So here are some tracks from Stephen Pearcy, Warren DeMartini, Bobby Blotzer, Robbin Crosby, and Juan Croucier when they weren’t jamming with Ratt…
- Jon Bon Jovi (with Robbin Crosby) “Never Say Die” (Blaze Of Glory, 1990)
- Contraband (with Bobby Blotzer) “All The Way To Memphis” (Contraband, 1991)
- Arcade (with Stephen Pearcy) “Nothin’ To Lose” (Arcade, 1993)
- Rumbledog (with Robbin Crosby) “Last Call Sally” (<i.Rumbledog, 1993)
- Vicious Delite (with Stephen Pearcy) “Outta Sight Outta Mind” (Vicious Delite, 1995)
- Warren DeMartini “Surf’s Up” (Crazy Enough to Sing to You, 1996)
- Vertex (with Stephen Pearcy) “Fight” (Vertex, 1996)
- Liquid Sunday (with Juan Croucier) “Scratch That Itch” (Liquid Sunday, 2001)
- Stephen Pearcy “You’re A Lot Like Me” (Under My Skin, 2008)
- Saints Of The Underground (with Bobby Blotzer) “Dead Man Shoes” (Love the Sin Hate the Sinner, 2008)