We’ve all heard the story about Van Halen and the brown M&M’s. But have you ever heard David Lee Roth sing about it? Of course not. If you want to know what is in a rocker’s heart of hearts, you have to listen to what they sing. Here’s a rundown of ten of the deepest desires of rock legends…
- The Ramones, “I Just Want To Have Something To Do” — Doesn’t everybody? Especially kids when they’re not in school. I swear, three days into summer break, my kids start in with the “I’m bored” bit. Every year. (For the record, so did I.)
- Ratt, “I Want A Woman” — Any woman in particular, Stephen?
- KISS, “I Want You” — That’s a little more specific, I suppose, as long as “you” knows who she is.
- Cheap Trick, “I Want You To Want Me” — Not only want, though…need. Sounds a bit clingy if you ask me.
- JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound, “Want More” — While Van Halen recognizes that “Everybody Wants Some,” this Chicago R&B group readily admits they “Want More.”
- Queen, “I Want It All” — Selfish much?
- Def Leppard, “All I Want Is Everything” — There is just no pleasing some people. Keep in mind that Mick Jagger and the boys said, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.” Sorry Joe.
- Weird Al Yankovic, “I Want a New Duck” — How is that for specific? Not a swan. Not an eagle. Not a goose. Weird Al just wants a new duck.
- Weezer, “(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To” — Thanks for being proactive, Rivers.
- Twisted Sister, “I Wanna Rock” — This is the essence of every true rocker’s soul. And I’m happy to say, Dee Snider, that you do rock. You got what you wanted.