- How Rob Halford Ended Up Fronting Black Sabbath for Two Shows [Ultimate Classic Rock]
- Watching Snape’s Scenes in Chronological Order Makes Harry Potter Way More Heartbreaking [Nerdist]
- 5 weak words you should avoid & what to use instead [Crew]
- Edgar Allan Poe Had a Time Machine and I Can Prove It [History Buff]
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and other presidential candidates get made into ‘Garbage Pail Kids’ cards by Topps [Daily News]
- Free Download of Breakin’ the Chainz Live in 2005 [CRASHDÏET]
- Padres customs to shatter your perception of reality [Baseball Card Breakdown]
I started this blog a little over a year ago, not really sure where it was going to take me or what I was going to do with it. At the time, I had 58 pages written in my novel. Today, just over a year later, I have 74 pages (and that was back in June). That’s right, I’ve only written 16 pages in the past year (and 0 in the past 6 months). Pathetic.
I still have the story formulating in my mind, almost constantly. I have dreams of finishing the novel and getting it published (while receiving a nice little check from the publisher, by the way). No, by dreams I don’t mean aspirations. I actually have dreams at night about writing. Pathetic.
I have used this blog for a number of things over the past year. I have written about hard rock (my favorite type of music), posted videos, made baseball card trades, made baseball cards, written about horror movies/television shows, took a dive into political gibberish, and posted some other total nonsense. What I haven’t consistently used this blog for is a motivation towards finishing my novel, or even starting a new one. Pathetic.
So 2009 is just a week away. What will “The Writer’s Journey” become? Will it continue down its current path? I have no idea. Sure, I would like to get my novel finished. And I intend to make a more concerted effort toward accomplishing that goal. Some things have been occurring lately that make me think it is more of a reality now than it was a year ago. Maybe not so pathetic after all.