1. The fact that it’s not another Yankees/Phillies World Series. I’m sorry, I can’t really get excited about the Giants or the Rangers, even though those were the teams I was rooting for in the LCS. I’m glad Josh Hamilton is going, and I expect Mickey Mantle-ish things from him. Mantle hit 18 home runs in 65 World Series games.
2. The Dark Knight Rises. That’s the title of the new Batman film. No Riddler, though. The director did provide this bit of insight: “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones.” Wow. How intriguing.
3. Star Wars in 3D. To be honest, I think this is a terrible idea, but Lucas is a genius so I’m sure he will change my mind about it.
4. This Reggie Jackson baseball card. I was always a Reggie fan. He was on his way out when I started following baseball. Plus I love art cards. The 30-Year Old Cardboard blog just posted scans of the whole subset of Reggie Baseball Heroes cards today. Check ’em out.
5. Halloween. ‘Tis the season, y’know.
6. Speaking of October 31, that’s the launch date for FearNET HD. We just dropped our cable, but one of my favorite On-Demand channels was FearNET, and if it’s being made available as a regular channel, that’s just awesome. If you have HD, then contact your provider and find out when they are planning to add FearNET to their channel lineup.
8. Moving. If all goes well, I’ll be in a new house in a few weeks. We should be closing Friday (still waiting for final word from the bank) and then move a couple of weeks after that. Which means I’ll be able to finally get my baseball cards organized and start some new projects that I have jumping around in my brain.
9. Neil Gaiman’s awesome idea to give scary books to other people on Halloween. Seriously, are you ever going to read “Cujo” again? Let someone else read it.
10. New Star Wars movies. Sorry, let me try that again…
NEW STAR WARS MOVIES!!!!!
Yeah, baby. I don’t even think the Reds in the World Series could top that one.