By the Power of Grayskull! He-Man has one of the strongest fan bases of any 1980s cartoon series, and the merchandise available to choose from is insane. Here are just a handful of suggestions for the He-Fan or She-Raver in your life.
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Season 1
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Season 2
- He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special
- Masters of the Universe motion picture starring Dolph Lundgren
- She-Ra, Princess of Power: Season One, Vol. 1
- She-Ra, Princess of Power: Season One, Vol. 2
- She-Ra, Princess of Power: Season Two
- The New Adventures of He-Man, Vol. 1
- The New Adventures of He-Man, Vol. 2
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete 200X Series
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Minicomic Collection
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: A Character Guide and World Compendium
- He-Man and She-Ra: A Complete Guide to the Classic Animated Adventures
- Art of He Man and the Masters of the Universe
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Newspaper Comic Strips
- How He-Man Mastered the Universe: Toy to Television to the Big Screen
- The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Limited Edition
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Vol. 1
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Vol. 2: Origins of Eternia
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Vol. 3
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Vol. 4: What Lies Within
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Vol. 5: The Blood of Grayskull
- He-Man: The Eternity War Vol. 2
- He-Man: The Eternity War Vol. 2
- DC Universe Vs. Masters of the Universe
Toys and Collectibles
- Funko POP: Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Armor Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Merman, Trap Jaw, Evil Lyn, Stratos, Orko, Hordak, Beast Man, Moss Man, or if you want to spend a ton of money, He-Man or She-Ra
- Funko VYNL: He-Man + Trap Jaw, Prince Adam + Cringer, Beast Man + Sorceress
- Super 7 ReAction Figures: Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Armor Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Teela, Zodac, Tri-Klops, Kobra Khan, Stratos, She-Ra & Hordak (SDCC Exclusive)
- Mega Construx Heroes: He-Man, Teela, Beast Man, Faker
- Mattel Minis: He-Man & Skeletor (2013 SDCC Exclusive), Battle Armor He-Man & Mer-Man, Zodac & Beast Man, Scareglow & Stratos, Faker & Man-At-Arms, King He-Man & Clawful
- The Loyal Subjects Masters The Universe Blindbox
- Or just browse everything that is available at the moment on Amazon, but let me warn you, some of the prices get a little crazy!
- Vintage MOTU
- “I Have The Power!”
- “How You Doin’?”
- “Ripped and Equipped”
- “Casual Friday”
- “Blink If You Want Me”
- “Call the Vet, These Puppies are Sick”
- “Eternia Gym”
- Skeletor (Misfits parody)
- He-Man and She-Ra Faux Christmas Sweater
- Filmation She-Ra and Swiftwind
- Filmation “She-Ra, Princess of Power”
- Dreamworks “She-Ra Rules”
- DreamWorks She-Ra/Adora Character Split
P.S. — If anyone wants to get me something for Christmas (because I’m not spending this type of money on a CD), I would love the Filmation Original Soundtrack. $45 just seems a little steep to me.
It’s interesting to see what generates the most traffic for this little blog from day to day. It’s usually a baseball post, but sometimes it’s an older post that is just popular, seemingly out of the blue. Of course, once I dig a little deeper, I can usually figure out why so many new people are coming here for the same reason.
Yesterday the most popular post was “2009 Topps Thundercats.” My son had done a series of Thundercats custom cards based on the 2009 Topps baseball design.
Many of you know that Cartoon Network will be airing a new Thundercats series beginning in 2011. But that news was announced in June…why the sudden interest in December? The reason is simple: a new voice actor has been announced recently, and that has renewed the buzz around the series.
I’m really looking forward to the new Thundercats and hope CN doesn’t screw it up like they did He-Man (IOW, they need to actually promote the show and not just hope the toys do it for you…even if those toys are totally awesome).
Speaking of He-Man toys…anyone got a Snake Armor He-Man they want to dump cheap? I can’t justify spending more than $40 on a toy that is going to be played with…a lot. My 11-year old has wanted it since we saw it on eBay several years ago, but we’ve never seen it for less than $75 after shipping. I just can’t do it with a clear conscience. We don’t care if it has been opened, or if you don’t have the original packaging. We just want the toy.
If you want to make a little boy’s Christmas extra special with Snake Armor He-Man, let me know.