- These Should Exist: The Karate Kid Edition [Branded in the 80s]
- Kentucky Is Home to the World’s Only Ventriloquism Museum [Mental Floss]
- Joe Schlabotnik: My Favorite Player [Infinite Baseball Card Set]
- The Art of the Trim: Practice of Cutting Baseball Cards Began Earlier Than You Think [Pre-War Cards]
- What if? A look at Eric Davis, Nomar Garciaparra and Grady Sizemore, three Cooperstown careers cut short [Sporting News]
- In Classic Children’s Books, a Window to Childhood in Past Centuries [The New York Times]
- Sony Pictures sets a March 2021 release date for Masters of the Universe! [He-Man.org]
What I’m Reading Right Now: Almost Yankees: The Summer of ’81 and the Greatest Baseball Team You’ve Never Heard Of by J. David Herman.
If you are a Karate Kid fan and haven’t had a chance to catch the new YouTube series Cobra Kai yet, make plans to do it this weekend. Set thirty-four years after the first movie ended, Ralph Macchio and William Zabka reprise their roles as Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence, and their chemistry on the small screen is just as strong as it was in the theaters.
No spoilers here, as there were some pleasant surprises throughout the ten-episode series that will thrill fans of the franchise. Do yourself a favor and watch the entire series before reading any reviews. The only thing that disappointed me personally was the foul language throughout the series. Other than that, it was perfectly executed, and I am looking forward to season two.