Christmas gift ideas for card players
Posted by JT
While we never had an established “game night” in our house, we enjoy sitting around the table playing cards. I watched my parents enjoy time with friends for years at the dining room table, shuffling, dealing, and laughing. Their game of choice for years was Rook before switching to double euchre. Growing up, Uno was one of my favorite card games. My family has discovered a number of other card games that can provide wholesome entertainment for the family. Here are a few that we love playing.
- Fluxx comes in a variety of themed decks, including Wizard of Oz, Batman, Monty Python, and Adventure Time (Wizard of Oz is the only one of these we have played so far, but I have no doubt the others are great)
- Exploding Kittens and the expansion Imploding Kittens (you have to have the original to use the expansion)
- Monopoly Deal
- Pictionary Card Game
- If you simply can’t decide, go with the classic Bicycle Playing Cards and a copy of The Book of Card Games
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
The best thing about card games is that they can be played immediately after opening, and still repackaged easily so they won’t take a ton of space in the car for the trip home.
As an aside, I do not support gambling in any form. These games are for fun; don’t ruin them by involving foolish decisions about your money.
Sharing is caring:
About JTPreacher. Author. 911 dispatcher. Baseball fan. Horror nut. Music nerd. Bookworm. Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.