Christmas gift ideas for your Star Wars nerd
For nearly forty years, Star Wars has been a cultural phenomenon. I remember receiving Star Wars action figures and playsets as a child, from Jabba the Hutt to the Ewok Village. They were always my absolute favorite gifts. Whether your Star Wars nerd is four or forty, you can’t go wrong with books and merchandise from a galaxy far, far away.
- Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Card Series, Volume One
- William Shakespeare’s Star Wars Trilogy: The Royal Imperial Boxed Set by Ian Doescher (there are also Victorian versions of the prequels, but suffer from poor source material)
- Star Wars Art: Posters
- Ultimate Star Wars by Ryder Windham and Adam Bray
- Star Wars Mad Libs by Roger Price and Leonard Stern
There are several titles being released related to The Force Awakens, and while I have not had an opportunity to personally review them, I have little doubt that they will be amazing. Most of these titles are available for pre-order only as they will not be released until Friday when the movies debuts.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster (will not be released in print until January, but the Kindle edition will be available Friday)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Phil Szostak and Rick Carter
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Visual Dictionaryby Pablo Hidalgo
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Incredible Cross-Sections by Jason Fry and Kemp Remillard
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka and Phil Noto
Again, if your Star Wars nerd isn’t a reader, you can’t go wrong with the soundtrack, action figures, or this sweet clock. And, of course, you can’t go wrong with a calendar. If you’re buying for dad, you can select from a wide array of Star Wars neckties. The possibilities are endless…there is Star Wars–themed merchandise for everything.