Remembering Ronnie James Dio: Guitarist Rowan Robertson
Posted by JT
On May 16, 2010, the heavy metal world lost one of the most powerful voices it had ever known when Ronnie James Dio passed away.
The Hard Rock Nights radio program, hosted at that time by JT Carter, paid tribute by playing the songs of Dio and allowing musicians that played with Ronnie to share their memories with fans.
Rowan Robertson was recruited to join the band Dio when he was only 17 years of age. The experience launched the young guitarist from obscurity to international fame nearly overnight. News that the band Dio had replaced departing guitarist Craig Goldy with an unusually young guitar player circulated in hard rock and heavy metal magazines such as Hit Parader, Rip, and Circus months before Robertson’s first and only album with the band, Lock Up the Wolves, was released.
Sharing is caring:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
About JTPreacher. Author. 911 dispatcher. Baseball fan. Horror nut. Music nerd. Bookworm. Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.