Base Ball Blog Writers and Readers Association of America and Elsewhere
Or BBBWARAOAAE for kinda not really shorter and honestly harder to remember.
A couple of years ago, I decided to collect votes on who you thought should win the various baseball awards. Last year I forgot. Sorry.
This year, I’m back at it.
Every year, the BBWAA honors the top players, pitchers, and rookies, by voting for the Most Valuable Player, Cy Young Award, and Rookie of the Year Award winners. Why should they all have the fun?
Announcing the second-ever (but not annual) BBBWARAOAAE awards! All you have to do is e-mail me your top five picks in any or all of the below categories, and we’ll see whether the BBWAA agrees with the common fan! Rank your picks; there will be no ties on individual ballots. Votes must be received by Tuesday, September 30, at noon eastern time.
The categories are:
- National League Most Valuable Player
- American League Most Valuable Player
- National League Cy Young Award
- American League Cy Young Award
- National League Rookie of the Year
- American League Rookie of the Year
And two “just for fun” categories:
- Most deserving player not in the Hall of Fame
- Greatest shortstop ever
Vote for any category or all, up to five players in each. Remember, rank your picks in each category from 1-5, with 1 being the best. Sound like fun? Send your lists to jasontcarter at gmail dot com by next Tuesday, noon eastern time.
(Feel free to share this link or repost this information to your own blog…the more participation we get, the better!)
In 2012, the BBBWARAOAAE picked the following players (BBWAA winner in parenthesis if different):
- National League Most Valuable Player: Buster Posey
- American League Most Valuable Player: Miguel Cabrera
- National League Cy Young Award: R.A. Dickey
- American League Cy Young Award: Justin Verlander (BBWAA picked David Price)
- National League Rookie of the Year: Todd Frazier (Bryce Harper)
- American League Rookie of the Year: Mike Trout
Posted on September 24, 2014, in baseball and tagged BBBWARAOAAE, Cy Young, Hall of Fame, MVP, Rookie of the Year, shortstops. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Base Ball Blog Writers and Readers Association of America and Elsewhere.