JT’s Ultimate Mixtape: Mötley Crüe edition
Last year, while celebrating the release of Van Halen’s A Different Kind Of Truth, I decided to make a list of my favorite song from each VH album. It was a fun exercise, and one that I had planned to revisit with several other favorite bands…but like many other projects and ideas, it was pushed to the side and all but forgotten.
Today, I’m resurrecting that idea with another band that I love to listen to, and love to see in concert, the one and only Mötley Crüe. A few rules that I will generally try to stick to:
- Every studio album must be represented by one and only one song.
- That song does not have to be an official “single” released by the band to promote said album.
- Compilation albums can be included, but only songs that are new, previously unreleased, or remixes of songs from prior albums are eligible for the list.
- Live albums are a waste of time. There are exceptions to this rule, but not in the case of Mötley Crüe.
So without further ado, here is JT’s Ultimate Mixtape: Mötley Crüe edition…
1. “Too Fast For Love” (Too Fast for Love, 1981)
2. “Looks That Kill” (Shout at the Devil, 1983)
3. “Home Sweet Home” (Theatre of Pain, 1985)
4. “Wild Side” (Girls, Girls, Girls, 1987)
5. “Dr. Feelgood” (Dr. Feelgood, 1989)
6. “Primal Scream” (Decade of Decadence, 1991)
7. “Hooligan’s Holiday” (Mötley Crüe, 1994)
8. “Bittersuite” (Quaternary, 1994)
9. “Afraid” (Generation Swine, 1997)
10. “Bitter Pill” (Greatest Hits, 1998)
11. “New Tattoo” (New Tattoo, 2000)
12. “If I Die Tomorrow” (Red, White, & Crue, 2005)
13. “Face Down In The Dirt” (Saints of Los Angeles, 2008)
Of course, every album has to have some “bonus tracks,” right? So here are some possible “bonus tracks” for the Mötley Crüe Ultimate Mixtape:
1. Mötley Crüe “Teaser” (Stairway to Heaven/Highway to Hell, 1989)
2. The Dudes Of Wrath “Shocker” (Shocker soundtrack, 1989)
3. Vince Neil “You’re Invited (But Your Friend Can’t Come)” (Encino Man soundtrack, 1992, and Exposed, 1993)
4. The Brides Of Destruction “Only Get So Far” (Here Come the Brides, 2004)
5. Crashdïet “Alone” (The Unattractive Revolution, 2007)
6. Sixx:A.M. “Life Is Beautiful” (The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack, 2007)
7. Methods Of Mayhem “Louder” (A Public Disservice Announcement, 2010)
8. John Corabi “Loveshine” (Unplugged, 2012)
Not a bad tracklisting in my opinion. I skipped over a few of the band’s compilations, and no live music is included here; also missing some key tracks from the band’s career, but this list represents my favorite song from each album, and throws a bit of attention to the members’ side projects. How does your list differ?
Posted on May 17, 2013, in music and tagged Brides Of Destruction, Crashdiet, Dudes Of Wrath, John Corabi, Methods Of Mayhem, Mick Mars, Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx, Sixx:A.M., Tommy Lee, Ultimate Mixtape, Vince Neil. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.