I bought some packs today…
It has been a long time since I bought packs of baseball cards. But today I picked up four packs and enjoyed ripping them open.
The first pack was a 2012 Leaf The Living Legend: Pete Rose; I purchased it at the LCS along with a couple of $1 Starting Lineup figures and a Washington Nationals pennant. Six cards for two bucks…not great, but you know what you’re getting, so I was willing to cough that up.
Surprise, surprise…I got six Pete Rose cards. Like I said, I knew that going in, so I was happy with my haul.
The second pack was the 2012 edition of Garbage Pail Kids. I almost went with the magnets, but decided on the cards instead. Eight cards, two bucks. Only a quarter a pop, so that’s not too bad…
That card alone is worth the two dollars. I was a bit disappointed in the backs of the cards; apparently they are all puzzle pieces now, or else I got a strange pack.
The last two packs were 2012 Panini Triple Play. I absolutely adore these cards.
OK, so I didn’t know who half the players were, but I love the design. These are the first Triple Play cards I’ve bought this year. I definitely want the Reds, but didn’t get any at all, so if you want to trade let me know. Here’s what I got:
- 17 – John Danks (Chicago)
- 37 – Albert Pujols (Los Angeles)
- 43 – Giancarlo Stanton (Miami)
- 78 – Matt Holliday (St. Louis)
- 85 – Brett Lawrie (Toronto)
- 99 – Justin Upton (Arizona) – piece 9 of 9
- 117 – Carlos Lee (Miami) – piece 9 of 9
- 141 – Alex Rodriguez (New York) – piece 6 of 9
- 217 – Josh Hamilton (Texas) – piece 1 of 9
- 251 – Justin Morneau (Minnesota) – “Focus”
- sticker 17 – Chipper Jones (Atlanta)
- sticker 22 – Grady Sizemore (Cleveland)
Posted on November 2, 2012, in baseball, baseball cards and tagged 2012 Leaf, 2012 Panini Triple Play, Chipper Jones, Cincinnati Reds, Garbage Pail Kids, Pete Rose. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.